Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move-out season is here for military families, which is typically from the end of May to the beginning of September because the military tends to try to have the families move after school is out for the summer. This can be an exciting time but also requires lots of planning to move out of your home and into another. Since we have Fort Sill Military Base in our city of Lawton, Oklahoma, we have the privilege of assisting military families with offering our deep cleaning services with their homes in preparation of moving out, so we’d like to pass on some tips that we’ve learned along the way.
Concerning deep-cleaning of your home and deposits, there are 2 different ways to go about the move out process with Corvias Military Living in Fort Sill Lawton, Oklahoma:
Option #1– A tenant does nothing and just has Corvias take care of everything related to cleaning and repairs before moving out for one lump sum. We do not know what their policy is in regards to giving deposits back or if they even have to put down a deposit when living on base, but we bring it up so tenants are aware to ask about deposit policies, especially with Voluntary Intra-Base Moves and Off-Post Moves where the service member is responsible for all costs related to moving.
Option #2 –If you choose to take care of the deep-cleaning process of your home in order to move out and ensure your deposit is returned, then follow this helpful checklist:
- The tenant on Ft. Sill would get their PCS date.
- Next they would schedule for a moving company to come and pack and/or get their belongings to be shipped to the new base.
- Then the tenant would try to fix any damages accrued from pets, children, etc.
- Then the tenant would perform what is called “a move out clean” on the property. For a complete list of what this entails, visit the Corvias Move-Out Guide.
- Then after the “move out clean” is done, if needed the tenant would have A-Team Carpet Clean come out to the property to take care of multiple services for them with a military discount applied:
- Clean floor tile and grout
- Stretch the carpet if there are ripples in the carpet
- Repair any damages to the carpet
- Perform a Basic Cleaning or Deep Cleaning to all carpet in the house
- Remove any red stains (RED REMOVAL PROCESS) that did not come out with the original cleaning & spot treatment
- Dye (COLOR CORRECTION) any areas on the carpet that have been bleached out from cleaners or spills
- Provide the tenant/customer with a receipt via email after payment
- Make sure the tenant/customer is happy with their services
With the second option, the tenant can shop around for vendors and choose what they are going to spend for a service if the service is needed. We hope you find our PCS move-out season tips helpful. All of us at A-Team Carpet Clean would like to thank all active and retired military for their service to our country!