As professional carpet cleaners, we know how important it is for your home to be clean and healthy. A healthy home starts from the ground up with clean carpet. Research shows that properly maintained carpet promotes improved indoor air quality for you and your family. In addition to having your carpet professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded soil, we recommend daily vacuuming as the most important cleaning activity to extend the life of your carpet and enjoy a clean, healthy home.
There are so many vacuum cleaners available these days, so we did a little research for you. Here are the best rated vacuum cleaners for carpets in 2017, depending on what type of rating and style you are looking for and what source you trust:
Amazon.com – these are stats that we gathered from searching Amazon in May 2017:
- Most 5-star reviews – BISSELL 9595A Vacuum with OnePass has the most 5-star reviews of any vacuum cleaner on Amazon with 5,711 and is also the #1 Best Seller in upright vacuums. However, 5-star reviews are only 65% of the total reviews submitted so some folks had negative feedback.
- Highest 5-star review percentage – Miele Complete C2 Limited Edition has the highest percentage of 5-star reviews with 85%. Most other vacuums range between 50-78%. However, that percentage only represents 233 total people who have submitted reviews vs. thousands of reviews for other vacuums.
- Most overall reviews – Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner Simpli-Stik Lightweight Bagless Corded Stick and Handheld Vacuum SD20000RED has the highest amount of reviews that have been submitted compared to any other vacuum with 11,559 total reviews and is also a #1 Best Seller in stick vacuums and electric brooms. However, they only have a 55% 5-star review ratio and an average of 4 stars.
Reviews.com – According to an article they published in 2016, these are the best vacuum cleaners. Read the full article here: http://www.reviews.com/vacuum-cleaner/
- Best overall vacuum cleaner – Hoover Air Cordless Lift for its excellent cleaning power and maneuverability. They say it’s everything you want in an upright and there’s no cord to trip you up.
- Best vacuum cleaner for carpet – Oreck XL Classic for a carpet-heavy home, they say Oreck is a winner. It has massive cleaning power no matter how big or small the mess.
- Best budget pick – Bissell CleanView 9595A because they say this best-selling model is a best-seller for a reason. It cleaned way better than they thought it would and it’s really cheap.
ConsumerReports.org – This company publishes the “Best of” articles at the end of every calendar year so we are able to see their best vacuums of 2016 according to different categories/styles that they test. Read the full article here: http://www.consumerreports.org/vacuum-cleaners/best-vacuums-of-2016/
- Best Bagged Upright – Kenmore Elite Pet Friendly 31150 was no slouch at removing embedded dirt from carpet or tackling pet hair, though it was a little louder and tougher to handle than some other models of this type. They did say it was ranked the best for its ability to suck up anything on bare floors.
- Best Bagless Upright – Hoover Wind Tunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless UH70120 was noisier than some other uprights, but still impressive, with performance that beat out models costing hundreds more.
- Best Robotic Vacuum – Samsung POWERbot SR20H9051 beat out the dominant Roomba, and even at $1,000, no robotic vacuum can replace a full-sized upright or canister, but the Powerbot comes closer than any other and looks good doing it.
Our Recommendations – As professional carpet cleaners who recommend brands of vacuums quite often, we were very surprised not to see our favorite vacuums on the lists that we researched.
- It was shocking not to see any Sharks or Dysons as the best rated vacuum cleaners of 2017. Some of us at A-Team Carpet Clean use the Shark vacuum personally in our homes not only because it cleans well, but also for the price, which includes a 5 year warranty. If one goes out we just call and have it replaced.
- We really like the Rainbow vacuum for its excellent cleaning capabilities and love the idea of using water to capture and filter the dirt. It does come with a large price tag, but it performs very well and seems to be low maintenance.
We hope we’ve helped you narrow down your search for the best vacuum cleaner for your home. What is your favorite vacuum cleaner for your floors? We would love to hear from you! Happy cleaning friends!