Ahhh the festive fall season is here, which means cooler weather, snuggling by the fire, changing of the leaves, football, pumpkin-everything, and allergies! Indoor allergy season is on the way this fall and A-Team is here to help your family with some tips on removing fall allergy triggers from your home.
- Clean your Carpet Consistently: Research shows that properly maintained carpet promotes improved indoor air quality for you and your family. Your carpet is the biggest air filter in your home; all those dust mites, ragweed, pollen, and other allergens are cozying up in your carpet’s fibers. Vacuum frequently. Whether you have wall-to-wall carpeting, tile or hardwood floors, it’s important to eliminate dust and dirt. Vacuum, mop, or steam clean flooring regularly. Regular cleanings from a professional carpet or tile and grout cleaner such as A-Team Carpet Clean can help rid your floors of dirt and allergens, which helps you to breathe easier.
- Clean your Soft Stuff: Upholstery, bedding, throws, and rugs can accumulate the same allergens your carpet does. Wash your bedding, throws, and small rugs in hot water to help control dust mites. In order to remove all particles and dust, your upholstery should be professionally cleaned with specially designed tools and cleaning solutions to clean folds and crevices.
- Dust like it’s your Job: Frequently dust your home with a damp cloth in order to trap any loose particles that may float in the air. This will clean your house effectively and help prevent indoor allergies from lingering.
- Keep Humidity Down: Since mold is a problem in the fall, you’ll want to control the humidity in your house as much as possible. Make sure to run ventilation fans in your bathroom and kitchen. If necessary, you also might want to run a whole house dehumidifier on the fall days when humidity is still high.
- Check for Mold: Moisture breeds mold, so make sure to scan the inside of dishwashers, clothes washers, under the fridge in the water pan, and in the sink and bath drains. Change water dispensers and icemaker filters on a regular basis. A licensed professional, such as A-Team Carpet Clean, can test for air-borne mold in your home.
- Don’t Forget the Furball: You regularly wash your linens and clothes, so do the same for your pet! While we love our furry friends, they can carry around some pesky allergens and maybe even suffer from the allergy symptoms that we do. Give your dog (or cat if you dare!) a bath and clean their bedding and cloth-covered toys regularly. Visit your veterinarian if you have a pet that suffers from allergy symptoms.
By implementing these tips into your cleaning routine, you can help prevent allergens from entering or remaining in your home. If allergy problems persist, you should visit your physician or allergy specialist to address individual circumstances. For professional carpet, upholstery, tile and grout cleaning and more, A-Team Carpet Clean will get the job done right (if you live in Comanche County of Oklahoma that is…). Happy Fall!